Apprenticeships - More than you think
With almost 7000 employees Cumbria County Council is one of the biggest employers in Cumbria. We work right across the county providing a massive range of different services to the people of Cumbria.
An apprenticeship with us will open a door to a career you might not even have thought of. And we'll support you to get there.
We're responsible for:
- Maintaining all the county's roads and Rights of Way, almost 10,000 miles of them
- Supporting thousands of older or disabled people in their own homes or in residential homes
- Supporting the hundreds of schools in the county
- Running nearly 50 libraries and the county's archive service
- Working with children and families in need and supporting over 200 foster carers who look after children who can't live with their own families
- Running the Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service
- Planning for emergencies, like flooding
- Dealing with the county's waste and rubbish
- All the financial, legal and business aspects of running an organisation that has a budget of nearly half a billion pounds a year
And that's only a flavour of what we do. The bottom line is that you'll not find an employer able to offer a wider range of different career options than us.
And working for us brings all the benefits of one of the county's best employers:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Flexi time scheme* - no fixed start or finish times
- Local Government Pension Scheme (one of the best)
- Flexible working environments
- Occupational maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Access to occupational health services
- Access to financial services and loans
- Staff offers and discounts