Adult Social Care Prevention Services
Cumbria Adult Social Care and the NHS in Cumbria fund various services for people who would benefit from help including those who are not eligible for support from Adult Social Care.
These are called preventative services because they help people maintain their independence and can prevent or delay the need for more intensive services in the future. They also help people get the most out of life.
- Community meals for people who find preparing their own food difficult,
- Day opportunities, a more personalised approach to day care,
- Neighbourhood Care Independence for people wanting support with domestic, social and leisure activities,
- Telecare to enable people to call for help and to detect smoke and fire risk in the home,
- Local Area Co-ordinators who provide guidance and support to vulnerable people not currently receiving support form Adult Social Care and the NHS, including support with housing, and
All of these services can be accessed through your local Adult Social Care office.