Secondary Headships, Deputy Headships & Assistant Heads
Skip main menu
Please check at the end of each advert to see if the establishment complies with the following:
Disability Symbol User:
All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification will be interviewed.
Cumbria County Council Equal Opportunities Policy:
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability regardless of sex, race, gender, religion or belief, marital status or disability.
Catholic Schools subscribe to the: North West Catholic Dioceses' Equal Opportunities Policy.
Assistant Head Teacher- Pastoral Responsibility
St Bernard's Catholic High School
Rating Lane, BARROW-IN-FURNESS, Cumbria, LA13 9LE.
11-16 Mixed - n.o.r. 962 Voluntary Aided Catholic Comprehensive School
Mrs M Page
Tel: (01229) 814560
Fax: (01229) 311106
Required September 2014
St. Bernard's School is a popular Catholic comprehensive school serving the community of Furness. The school is on the edge of the Lake District National Park. Following our recent inspection we are looking to appoint an Assistant Head Teacher who has the skills and abilities to develop the Pastoral team and work with SLT to improve outcomes for pupils.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience and skills to lead, manage, improve and monitor a team of pastoral staff.
• Outstanding ability to raise standards of student attainment and achievement and to monitor and support student progress and development.
• A proven forte in pastoral care.
• The ability to anticipate change to ensure this expanding school continues to build on its success.
In return we can offer you:
• A school where "Students describe the school as a loving environment" and "Students behave in a mature and sensible way". "They respect each other and their teachers and enjoy learning".
• A professional, enthusiastic and supportive team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement.
• Strong, active and firmly established links with industrial & educational partners.
• Supportive parents, Governors, Diocese and Local Authority.
An application form and information pack can be downloaded from the school website: www.st-bernards.cumbria.sch.uk
Closing date for applications is noon on 25 April 2014
Interviews will take place on 2 May 2014
The Diocese of Lancaster has an equal opportunities policy. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Disability Symbol User:
Cumbria County Council Equal Opps Policy:
Catholic School: North West Catholic Diocese Equal Opps Policy:
Deputy/Assistant Headships - Secondary Schools
Date Advertised on Website: